20120520

good girl gone bad

Photos from style.com, collages by me.

These pics are from the Chanel Resort collection 2013. The outfits are not exactly my style, but one little detail about them is what caught my eye: Chanel, the exclusive couture house synonym of elegance and distinction, is wearing nothing but brothel creepers. And yes, by creepers I mean those same shoes that urban tribes such as punks, skas, gothicks or greasers have been wearing since the 50s and 60s, and that are having their moment of glory right now on streetstyle sites such as Lookbook.nu

This facts reminds me of one thing my mother always says and that until the moment I saw these photos never really made any sense to me, and it is that fashion works this way: great designers get the trends from real people and the high street and adapt them to their collections, not the other way round. You see, mothers are always right.




No comments:

Post a Comment